1. If you divide 87 by 23, what is the quotient and what is the remainder?
2. What is the smallest number with remainder 7 when you divide by 8, and remainder 6 when you divide by 7?
3. Four hamsters have 27 kibbles. They will divide the kibbles evenly among themselves and give the remainder to their friends, the mice. How many kibbles does each hamster get? How many kibbles go to the mice?
4. If you divide 80857 by 101, what is the quotient and what is the remainder?
5. The remainders of 7 in multiples of 8 form a sequence. What is this sequence? (Look at the sequence of multiples of 8. Divide each multiple by 7. What is the sequence of remainders?)
1. What is the smallest number that has a remainder of 1 when you divide it by both three and four?
2. What is the smallest number that has a remainder of 2 when you divide it by 3, and a remainder of 4 when you divide it by 5?
2. When Mr. Buntle arranges his class into groups of four, there are three children left over. When Mr. Buntle arranges his class into groups of five, there are two children left over. All classes in Mr. Buntle’s school have at least twenty children. How many children are in Mr. Buntle’s class?
3. A candy machine makes 8 candies in each batch. The candies are sold in boxes of 6 candies. What is the minimum number of batches of candies that can be made so that they can be put into boxes with no candies left over?
4. One number between 40 and 50 has a remainder of 7 when it is divided by 13. What is the number?
5. One number between 30 and 40 has a remainder of 4 when it is divided by 7 and a remainder of 11 when it is divided by 14.