Each of these problems involves division somewhere. Solve each problem.
1. Effie runs 8 miles in 2 hours. What is her average speed?
2. Six friends play hockey together after school. Their ages are 9, 12, 10, 11, 15, and 9. What is the average age of people on the team?
3. A group of fourteen squirrels has found a pile of 42 nuts. They decide to share the nuts equally among themselves. How many nuts does each squirrel get?
4. What is the probability that you will roll a 3 or a 5 on a six-sided die ?
5. The area of Harry’s rectangular swimming pool is 200 square meters. The width of the pool is 8 meters. What is the length of the pool?