1. If you divide 87 by 23, what is the quotient and what is the remainder?
2. What is the smallest number with remainder 7 when you divide by 8, and remainder 6 when you divide by 7?
3. Four hamsters have 27 kibbles. They will divide the kibbles evenly among themselves and give the remainder to their friends, the mice. How many kibbles does each hamster get? How many kibbles go to the mice?
4. If you divide 80857 by 101, what is the quotient and what is the remainder?
5. The remainders of 7 in multiples of 8 form a sequence. What is this sequence? (Look at the sequence of multiples of 8. Divide each multiple by 7. What is the sequence of remainders?)